West Rand Lutheran Community Church
The “West Rand Lutheran Community Church” (WRLCC) was founded as “Deutsche Evangelisch-Lutherische Gemeinde Westrand” on 17 March 1961 by the late Präses J. Wernecke. After the Congregation had for some years gathered in the small St. Ansgar’s Chapel for their Sunday Services, the foundation stone of the “Erlöser” (Redeemer) Church was laid on 15 May 1966 and on 19 February 1967 the Church and the Church Centre were inaugurated.
In the mid nineties the congregation started reaching out to the community and an English ministry was started. Today the WRLCC is a fully multicultural congregation. Our communication language is English.
Ministries & Groups:
Pastor S. Windisch 1963 – 1969
Pastor P.G. Kauffenstein 1970 - 1977
Pastor H. Rentschler 1978 - 1993
Pastor J. Volker 1994 -
Served by Jesus to serve each other
German (8:30 - Holy Communion on 2nd and 4th Sunday) and English (10:30 - Holy Communion on 1st and 3rd Sunday) Services every Sunday
Incredible Kids Children's Ministry - Fridays from 15:00 to 18:00
Holy Culture Youth Ministry - Fridays from 19:00 to 21:30
(0117686277 / 0827952260
8-10 CR Swart Road, Wilro Park, 1724
Isabeau Weyer with Martin Weyer